Arturia plugins - Grumble....

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Mar 21 15:12:59 CET 2008

So I thought I'd download the Demo's for the plugins, since they are
available.  *most* worked fine, however the Arp 2600 v demo just
doesnt install right....and then the Prophet V requires you to have a
syncroft dongle to use the DEMO?   WTF?  I do happen to *have* a
syncroft dongle for cubase and the Korg Legacy collection, but
requiring it for the Demo seems pretty silly...

aside from that they didnt sound too bad.   I really liked the Jupiter
8v and the Minimoog plug had some promise.  I could not for the life
of me get the Moog Modular (the other item I was excited to test) to
make any sound if I started from a blank patch - a very bad sign.
Maybe its just my ignorance (and probably is) but it doesnt seem that
there are *any* mixer modules for mixing multiple sources of audio
together?   The fact they DO NOT include manuals as PDFs with the
Demos is pretty much a sign that arturia is expecting preset babies
only and not any tweakers...

one synth I did not like at all was the Prophet VS emulation.  It had
promise, but it just came off sounding like bad DX7 patches.

Anyway, I am left feeling realy lukewarm.  I didnt get to test out
what I really wanted, but what I did test I liked a lot.  I can get
the whole V collection at a steel, but I think I am gonna pass.

Tony