nice! iphone SDK

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Mar 11 19:11:23 CET 2008

On Mar 11, 2008, at 12:56 PM, Tony Scharf wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Andy Tarpinian
> <evildead at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think they have a pill for that.
>>

> probably, but I'd rather not.

I ment a green tea pill silly,

>> I don't really see how their marketing comes across different than
>> any
>> other product, they say their products work well, better than the
>> alternative, etc... If anything it's a more laid back approach.
>>

> laid back in a 'your a complete dork if you dont use our product'
> kinda way
> laid back in a 'i am just way better than you' sort of way
> laid back in a 'your fucking stupid, now stand in line and drop your
> pants so SJ can have his way with you' kinda way.
>
> yeah, i see it.

no, you don't.

>> the whole SDK thing: give it time, it will open up. I honestly feel
>> it
>> is not for greedy reasons, more for stability on Apples part
>>

> see...apple people always say that.  if MSFT did this, or anyone else
> for that matter, they would be crucified.

different product though. Most business HAVE to use Windows to run
their business, they have NO other choice. It's an iPhone, there are
TONS of other phones out there. People are just frustrated because
they WANT to use apples cool new device to run their software, which
is understandable. I had a windows smartphone, sure people can make
other browsers for it, but there were none... Rumors of a version of
Opera but I don't think that ever happened.

I want the iPhone platform to succeed, it will succeed by being
different. Yes, I want to install all sorts of programs too, but at
this point the platform is not ready for Jo Blow to install Firefox
with Tom(sorry tom), Dick and Harry's crap ass plugin's that cause the
phone to crash. Or Sun's sh*ty port of Java that leaks memory all over
the place. That is not good for the public image of a platform that
needs to grow.

I'm sure this is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be, people
are going off on all sorts of tangents, we will see what the reality
is. For instance they said you can use Skype but only over wi-fi,
which makes sense etc...