audio distortions after recording

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 16 12:17:03 CEST 2008

Hi Gert

Gert van Santen wrote:
> OK you music bar people, thanks for the support. I still haven't
> found a way around this problem, so I guess I'm gonna switch to other
> equipment Personally I don't believe it's got anything to do with
> drivers, since I did quite of lot of recording jobs with this set-up
> and it never failed me in comparable live situations. I think I have
> a hard disk problem. Somehow halfway through a recording session this

A disk problem might be the cause, if there's a bad sector that is
"hidden" by the disk (e.g. remapped) and therefore causing significantly
longer access times. Yet a two-track recording takes so little bandwidth
that the system should still cope with it unless the disk blocks the bus
for too long. Again: What's the latency setting?

Bye
Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch