audio distortions after recording

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 16 08:20:38 CEST 2008

Michael Zacherl schreef:
> On Jun 15, 2008, at 5:00 PM, Gert van Santen wrote:
>> Listen to the att. file.
>
> I stand corrected: I had that once with a bad USB-driver für an ESI
> interface.
> That was just two channels on my PowerBook - I think it was somehow
> the same effect.
> The fun part was that I never found a pattern in what situations it
> occured.
> I switched to the MOTU (I needed more I/O anyway)  and I'm still happy.
> But Focusrite is ok - so ... I wonder.
>
> Martin said it, updating drivers may help.
> BTW, I ran much more channels on my old PoBo 1.5GHz (R.I.P.) without
> any troubles (Ableton Live).
> I doubt that the laptop isnt powerful enough or such.
>
> BTW, since I didn't find any info in your mails: what's the recording
> software and what's the bit resolution and sampling rate?
> The aforementioned PoBo ran into trouble at fast sampling rates
> (>=176.4kHz) and more than two channels.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for you thoughts.

Hans is using an Edirol FA-101 between the Focusrite and the PB.
He's recording in Logic 7, 44.1 kHz, 16 bit, so nothing special.

Personal, after talking to Hans on the phone yesterday, I'm
inclined to think it's bad drivers of the FA-101 - he hasn't
updated them since he bought it a couple of years ago. But he
hasn't used internet on this specific notebook either, so
everything is still the same as when he bought it.

Cheers,

--

:-)

G e r t  v a n  S a n t e n