Just felt like putting together a mix of fairly unknown music...

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jun 14 07:17:56 CEST 2008

> Ahhh, fun! I recently tried some ultra-miniature helicopters at a
> friend's place (I think they were the Sky Challenger from the same
> manufacturer). They're horribly difficult to control properly (very
> nervous...),

yeah i've had a few rounds on these as well, they're terribly
dissatisfying to every 12 year old i've seen try to fly them, and for
me, way too twitchy.  just like a real helicopter!  but after an hour
or so you can get the flow down pretty well .. the important thing is
to calibrate before departure.

> but definitely a very cool toy. I've been toying with the
> idea of picking up RC planes again,

i've always had RC planes in the background of my activities-plan and
now that they're so high tech and cheap, its a lot of fun.  i get as
much pleasure out of my cheap little toy as i used to get out of the
bigger kits that took way too long to build and were far more
fragile.  the silverlit products are awesome for handling damaging
crashes.  the worst that can happen is the wind picks it up and you've
got some distance to find it again - happened to me a few times last
week, but actually the wind is a big part of the joy.

> but decided to stay with boats in
> the meantime (I'm currently building that one:
> http://www.modelspot.com/cc/milford.htm)

awesome!  if i had a large body of water nearby i'd do the same ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan