Korg PCIF or Roland serial MIDI

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 13 14:45:06 CEST 2008

Martin Naef wrote:
> The question, though, becomes: If you get into modification of MIDI
> drivers and custom PIC code, why not build the interface using a
> USB-enabled PIC or similar from scratch?

Have you tried writing windows drivers from scratch?
I haven't. I looked, but got a bit shy staring ;)

I done a halfway house fix using the cheapo USB to serial cable with an
acquired generic driver instead of the supplied one (it was a phone,
samsung e810 data cable) to 8 pin mini DIN and it works fine. So for the
moment I have a way to use the Korg 05R/W with the eeePC (only USB) and
an extra MIDI out port.

They both sit on my knee ;)

All to save £10, hehe.
(although an expanded 4+port one would save a fair bit)