UK Government Petition to lower fuel prices

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 6 20:19:29 CEST 2008

paul.maddox.mail-list at synth.net schreef:

> it's mad isn't it?
> our house is currently worth 50K more than when we bought it. this means
> that my wife and I could not afford to buy it if we were looking.

Our house would have gone up by a good €100k, at the minimum. We got it
somewhat cheap, though, but that was less than five years ago.

Speaking of wages, today I read that the bus chauffeurs in the
Netherlands are pissed off and want more wage and want to retain their
paid breaks. I think they want, what, eight percent more? Because they
only earn €1700 cash in hand a month.

That's €100 less than I do, and what I do is slightly more involved than
driving a sodding bus.

Of course, you can't compare the situation in the Netherlands to that in
Malta, but if you do, you'd see that whilst labour, energy and housing
is cheaper in Malta, everything else is the same price or more expensive.

So I have a bit of a problem sympathising with them, to be brutally honest.

- Peter