Teaching youngsters some music production

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 9 20:37:37 CEST 2008

punkdISCO wrote:
> Wow - very impressive..  I REALLY like the last Hip Hop track.  That one
> really has some potential, especially the really natural bits..
>
> I cant remember how old they are?

14-15.

> I presume the guitars were mic'd?  I think for speed and ease I would have
> just DI'd them then put them though Guitar Rig.  But hey, I know diddle
> about recording guitars..

All guitars were DI'd through my Onyx 400F and then put through
Amplitube2. In the verse of the HM track I thought them to do several
takes and pan them differently. We also used slightly different sounds
on the left and right channels.

There's also an acoustic guitarphrase from Hypersonic in the verse of
the HipHop track.

> Really good stuff - you should be proud. They will remember this when
> everything else they learnt at school has been forgotten.

That would be right about.......now :)

/Micke