Teaching youngsters some music production

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 9 18:23:13 CEST 2008

On 9. Jun 08, at 17:25 , Mikael Hansson wrote:

> Track 1: Rock. Four girls, playing some electric guitar and the rest
> is
> Hypersonic. Selfwritten lyrics. Vocals from all four. Had to melodyne
> some of the vocals.

I really like this track. it sounds very real and innocent, in a
Briskby "This is propaganda..." kind of way. Very nice indie-pop
feeling. Worth giving it some more work, but keep the initial feeling.
I don't like the drumsounds so much.

Careful. This *will* end up on http://blog.wfmu.org/ eventually!

> Track 3: HipHop. Two girls. They wanted a hip-hoppy feeling but
> couldn't
> play it. I had to jump in and do the keyboard recordings. Selfwritten
> vocals (in swedish). Another guy also jumped in to do some of the
> vocals.

it reminds me of a band from Boston "Livesexact!". They are faster and
more electropunk, but just as weird. Definitely the best of the three.
The boy singing is just another strange thing... Of course the
keyboards add to the catchyness of the tune.

Seems like the boys were taking themselves much too serious, whereas
the girls had much fun playing around which is a much nicer approach
to music, anyway, I think...

All in all it's just fabulous work and thanks a lot for making these
tracks available to us! tell the boys and girls that they should never
stop making music!

Kai