Teaching youngsters some music production

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jun 9 17:23:33 CEST 2008

K9 Kai Niggemann wrote:
> that sounds like a fun and rewarding project!
>
> let's hear the tracks if you make any!

Here's what we came up with. It's three tracks mixed together for a
presentation at our school tomorrow.

<http://hem.bredband.net/electro2/threeinone.mp3>

I tried to stay out of the way as much as possible just some
postprocessing, although the time was very limited so it's full of
compromises and quickfixes.

No one had done any songwriting before and just a few of them could play
  any instruments.

Track 1: Rock. Four girls, playing some electric guitar and the rest is
Hypersonic. Selfwritten lyrics. Vocals from all four. Had to melodyne
some of the vocals.

Track 2: Heavy Metal. Five guys playing guitar and bass. Rest is
Hypersonic. Selfwritten lyrics. Heavily melodyned vocals :)

Track 3: HipHop. Two girls. They wanted a hip-hoppy feeling but couldn't
play it. I had to jump in and do the keyboard recordings. Selfwritten
vocals (in swedish). Another guy also jumped in to do some of the vocals.

/Micke