UK Government Petition to lower fuel prices

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 6 10:40:22 CEST 2008

Gert van Santen wrote:
> Excellent post, Chris (and Paul too, btw)!
> BTW, I drive a 19 year old Opel Omega 2.4. I bought it somewhere
> in 1994. It still looks and runs like new (well, sort of), and I
> still see it as my "new" car :-)

You, sir, are caught in a coiled rift in time and space...
In time and space..
Space.

I still wear a designer t-shirt I bought in 1992, which admittedly did
cost £50, and it is still almost like new! A pair of jeans I got from
the same shop at the same time for £50 too are not in quite as good
condition, but I only threw them out today ;)

How's that for shunning the totally gay (no offence anyone, hehe)
seasonal bullshit consumer feeding fashion garbage whilst doing my bit
to save the planet and not over encourage the slave labour sweaty industry.

Yes. The reason is the amount of energy (and all by-product) it takes to
manufacture (and dispose of) one ordinary car (and I suspect pretty much
any expensive goods) probably exceeds the energy (and emissions) while
in use. If you eat a lot of beans and peas washed down with dandelion
and burdock, your emissions may well head the opposite way..

;)