UK Government Petition to lower fuel prices

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 6 10:13:53 CEST 2008

Chris Strellis schreef:

> It certainly doesn't save the planet - the energy required to make a new car is phenomenal - let alone the pillaging of resources.
>
> Fuel is still cheap really when all things are considered. However, it's the day to day costs that people are moaning about and the sharp recent rises.
>
> Run an old banger - it *is* better for the environment when you see the big picture.  So few people do though. Perhaps we should all take a trip to Cuba to see how they keep 50 year old cars still on the road :)
>
> Rant over.
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris

Excellent post, Chris (and Paul too, btw)!
BTW, I drive a 19 year old Opel Omega 2.4. I bought it somewhere
in 1994. It still looks and runs like new (well, sort of), and I
still see it as my "new" car :-)

--

:-)

G e r t  v a n  S a n t e n