UK Government Petition to lower fuel prices

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 5 11:59:09 CEST 2008

Hi Gert

Gert van Santen wrote:
>> Well, some countries and places still do invest into public transport...
>
> Yes. But does it get any better? I dare to say it doesn't even
> stay the same quality.

I can only comment from the distance these days, but in Switzerland they
certainly increased density, recently shortened various trips (e.g.
Zurich-Berne is about 10-15 minutes faster now), and reacted to current
trends in society by providing a lot of late-night connections. I think
there was also quite some investment into ICE connections in Germany.

So yes, it *does* get better if there is a will.

Bye
Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch