UK Government Petition to lower fuel prices

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jun 5 10:45:25 CEST 2008

Martin Naef wrote:
> Nope. I'd sign the petition to further *increase* fuel tax if the money
> was invested into proper public transport instead. Even at the current
> level, energy is too cheap, so we keep wasting it.

Head in the clouds.
The UK doesn't have a publicly owned public transport system.
It is fragments of private companies supposedly in competition (I laugh
at their obvious collusion)

How can the government do sod all?

They really can't, except talk a lot of guff and pretend to throw money
at corporations who have no interest in 'the public' other than to make
larger profits from it?

Sorry to pop your balloon, but all that money, you know, the trillions
upon trillions from road tax, taxation on most goods, the oil industry
etc. it's all been squandered on pretty much pointless wars, corruption
at every level, incompetence at every turn and administration rebuilding
at every changeover (and polishing those silly monuments)

There is no hope for any of us ;)