{butt} Plugiator

James Green EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 4 13:40:34 CEST 2008

> Hey, he's the one with a warehouse full of stuff which, if things
>change, suddenly won't be worth squat any more.  He's the one taking
>the most risk, having stuff in stock that maybe won't sell that well.

There is nothing special about the dealers role.  'Most risk' is mute as
a lot of dealers have agreements with the distrubutors that allow
returns = no risk.

Take DV for example ...

When I bought my 1961 from them they didn't even have to ship it to me,
nor stock it (In fact DV don't actually keep much of anything in stock)
... It left the drawmer factory on a truck and came straight to me.
Some guy at DV in london called me, took my card details and took the
lions share of the profit of that sale ...

For what?

Making a phone call?

Down with dealers!!!!!

I couldn't find a single DV shop in the UK with a 1961 in stock ... And
they are Drawmers main dealer ...

>> Its stifles product development!
>
>It does indeed, and I can say that with very definite confidence
>having witnessed it and suffered under its restraints for the last 6
>years of my life..

Indeed.

Jammer