{butt} Plugiator

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 4 13:24:07 CEST 2008

> The thing about hardware costs that gets my goat is the fact that the
> dealer is the one that 'sits on his arse' and he is the one that makes
> the most cash per unit ... And inflates the street cost massively.

Hey, he's the one with a warehouse full of stuff which, if things
change, suddenly won't be worth squat any more.  He's the one taking
the most risk, having stuff in stock that maybe won't sell that well.

I don't like it.  I think the tier-system of gear distribution is way,
way overloaded with people who think they are entitled to massive
profits on the basis of their elitism.

> Its stifles product development!

It does indeed, and I can say that with very definite confidence
having witnessed it and suffered under its restraints for the last 6
years of my life..

;
--
Jay Vaughan