Matrix (was: Re: what an ass, I have a serious gear issue... )

Michael Zacherl EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jul 31 21:11:18 CEST 2008

On Jul 31, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Martin Naef wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Michael Zacherl wrote:
>> That's just 81 VCAs ... ;-)
>
> May I throw in an insult here? Why not digital? An 8x8 could be built
> based around a single AL3101 DSP and four AL1101G/AL1201G converter
> pairs.

oh, no! I don't take it as an insult ... just a good idea which I will
verify!
But if I went digital (which would be quite some achievement anyway
since I'm not at all a DSP head) it should do 16x16!  ;-)
The VCAs should be as transparent as possible and it's "just" to shape
the levels.
So in that case I don't care what technology is used.
The sound itself is done by the external analogue units which will be
interconnected by this matrix.
Only if the converters/cpu were fast enough so that some modulation
routing (from _real_ external CVs)  could be done - and of course it
should be DC coupled!

Hm ... sounds like an approach!  :-)

   Thanks for insulting me!  :-D m.

--