a report to the -bar: metalab pocket pianos get knobs and midi

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jul 27 16:41:51 CEST 2008

> And while keeping the tought flowing, I think I might also think of
> inserting Tony's AFM-1 in the post chain. I'm sure the rawness of the
> arduino smoothed but THB's filter would be quite a delight. I could
> name it
> GPL_1 :P

HEY ME TOO!  Damn, I was thinking about that as well.  :)

> Fab, my addition will for sure be open public too. Maybe I could
> share it on
> the same server (supposing I get somewhere :)

yeah, lets coordinate that when the time is right .. i.e. when you get
things set up and working on your end.  Did you order the Arduino
too?  Don't forget you gotta add that yourself ..

> Sweet. What about memory ? what's onboard and is there any way of
> thinking
> to add some additional storage ? Not for code but to store
> configuration
> data, samples, things like that.. is it within the possible ?

Its possible, because its all based on the Arduino, and plenty of
students have done this sort of thing already, but we're going for a
bare-bones turnkey approach for the sessions ..

> I had quickly lurked on the critterguitari code already and it seemed
> fairely straightforward. All good, will now scavenge through your
> stuff ;)

Well its definitely going to be nice to have you commit stuff too in
the near future!

> Hooray the for exciting times of open plaform !

Indeed .. *cheap* open platforms!

;
--
Jay Vaughan