a report to the -bar: metalab pocket pianos get knobs and midi

M-.-n EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jul 27 16:37:42 CEST 2008

>> Great, that was for sure the next step I was thinking of too. That
>> way you
>> can keep the onboard buttons for configuration, get a shitty m audio
>> 25 keys
>> and stuff the board into it. :)
>>

>yup!

And while keeping the tought flowing, I think I might also think of
inserting Tony's AFM-1 in the post chain. I'm sure the rawness of the
arduino smoothed but THB's filter would be quite a delight. I could name it
GPL_1 :P

>no worries, we're preparing all of this so we can do a synth-diy gig
>at metalab in the next few weeks, so its all going to be open and
>public ..

Fab, my addition will for sure be open public too. Maybe I could share it on
the same server (supposing I get somewhere :)

> .. so there's some room there for interesting things.

Sweet. What about memory ? what's onboard and is there any way of thinking
to add some additional storage ? Not for code but to store configuration
data, samples, things like that.. is it within the possible ?

>you can download the sound code from critterguitari already, and our
>stuff is here:
>
>https://whatever.metalab.at/user/kintel/Arduino/ArduinoSynth

I had quickly lurked on the critterguitari code already and it seemed
fairely straightforward. All good, will now scavenge through your stuff ;)

Hooray the for exciting times of open plaform !