Focusrite Liquid Mix Opinions?

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 15 17:16:33 CEST 2008

Never had a problem with digital clock and MOTU.  I run a 308 (24ch of
digital), 24i, 24i/o, and a 2408 mkIII.  I used to have a full wordclock
chain running but lately I've just used the SPDIF and AES internal clock
with no issues.  I can't tell that there is any sound difference.  I've had
the Fireworxs since they shipped and never had an issue.  I wonder what
would cause this?  Maybe it was limited to the 1224?  That would be odd as
most of the MOTU units are pretty much the exact same thing under the hood
with different bolt ons. At one points I had the M3000, Fireworxs, a H3000,
MPX-1, and an A1 all running happy as clams from Cubase sends sitting on the
MOTU digital. Were you trying to run the Fireworxs as master?  I always make
the units slaves.

James R. Coplin

Work is the Curse of the Drinking Class