Focusrite Liquid Mix Opinions?

Niall Munnelly EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 15 15:06:27 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 06:32:29PM -0500, James R. Coplin wrote:
> I mainly use the M3000 for reverb duty.  In terms of multi-effects (not
> counting plugins), I have a Fireworxs, DP/4, and A1. In addition, I have
> stacks (really an absurd quantity) of dedicated effects like flangers,
> phasers, delays etc. The problem with the M3000 is that it is really meant
> more for broadcast post production.  If I wanted a reverb that sounds
> *exactly* like the inside of a car, or my living room, the M3000 is aces.
> However, I find the precision to be a little sterile for music.  I'm
> considering something more puffy and colored.

>From experience, I'd recommend the Kurzweil Rumor {or its
more expensive big brother, the KSP-8} or the Sony DPS V77.
They both have character and sound quality to rival
Lexicon's PCMs, IMHO, but are competitively priced in the
new and used markets.

As a reverb unit, the Sony's excellent.   It's fast in use
and, like the PCMs, is impressively deep when you want to
delve into more "expert" parameters.  The sound is
excellent, but not pristine like the M3000 purportedly is,
or anemic, as I find the FireworX.  It's got that Eventide
magic in that it makes things good.

As a reverb unit, the Eclipse and H3000 {never used the DSP
versions} will do in a pinch, but they weren't my first
choices for that duty.  I will say this - you can't go wrong
with Eventide.

--
Yours,
Niall.