Focusrite Liquid Mix Opinions?

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jul 12 00:42:13 CEST 2008

On 11. Jul 08, at 10:36 , James Green wrote:

> Duende ... I have 2 of them now and 1 PCIe card version!
>
> The duende unit is just jaw droppingly good.  Now the other plugins
> are out, things like drum strip (incredible) X-EQ and X-Comp ... The
> toolset on this platform keeps growing and the quality is just
> amazing.  The X-EQ has to be seen/played with to really appreciate ...

How much is the 32 channel upgrade? It says in the copywrite that you
can use it on up to 16 mono channels, I suppose this simply scales to
8 stereos?

How much do the extra plugins cost? I haven't seen them at any dealer's.

I am looking into the Duende thingee too, since a friend of mine
decided to sell his Liquid Mix.

He replaced it with a Powercore though, and mostly for the (very
expensive, but also very expensive souding) Tube Tech CL 1B Compressor/
Limiter which does some amazing things to some signals. We have used
it on vocals and drums with incredible results.

it's something like 700 EUR and if you use your 500 EUR voucher you
get with the powercore it's absolutely worth it.

Kai