Midibox Seq v3

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 8 11:50:11 CEST 2008

Hi Mikke,

Mikael Hansson wrote:
> Dreaming about building this but don't know if I can? How difficult is
> it, what does it involve if I would buy a readymade kit from Mike's and
> order frontpanel and housing readymade?
>
> <http://www.mikes-elektronikseite.de/shop_englisch/index.htm>
> <http://www.schaeffer-ag.de>
>
> Am I near when I estimate the cost to
>
> PCBs + PIC + LCDs + Knobs + encoders   150 - 200 euro
> Frontpanel + housing   200 - 250 euro

To get a feeling for the spaghetti involved, have a look here:
http://www.navisto.ch/midibox_seq/

I've built one some time ago. The basic electronics are reasonably
simple, you'll spend most of the time hooking up the UI elements. Your
cost estimate sounds about right to me, I think I spent slightly more on
parts but less on the case as I went completely DIY on that one. Also
factor in some money to purchase various tools, multi-meter etc. if this
is your first electronics project - those add up quickly, but they last
for many more projects of course...

Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch