Synth Price (again!) was Blofelds

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 30 09:06:23 CET 2008

> I think your views on synth prices are a little overly simplified.
> Synths are cheaper today than at anytime in the past, and the trend
> is still downward.

Sure, some synths are cheap, but some refuse to play by the 21st
century economic rules.

> Maybe your time at Access has blurred you objectivity? Maybe you
> see the Virus as 100euros worth of components but then ignore the
> R&D (which would have been huge back in the early days), the
> distribution, the manufacture, the administration, etc etc etc..
> Sure, once you get to the Virus B, C, then TI, it?s a lot less
> effort but honestly, there was once a time when Mr Virus had to
> support themselves in a day job then put in many 1000s of hours
> worth of R&D just on the off chance that there might be a
> commercial product at the end of it. Plus, taking big financial
> risks.  That counts for something..  But I don?t know their history
> so maybe this is totally off..

maybe my view is colored, you are right, but maybe also the synth
industry is stagnant and

>  Im sure the Virus directors are not millionaires or even
> particularly rich.

Millionaire?  Definitely (note the singular).

> Certainly no more so then if they had taken their obvious talents
> into a well chosen salaried job where there is zero risk..  Again,
> this is only speculation..

Spoken like a true banker.  I defer to your economic stance.

;
--
Jay Vaughan