long shot...

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jan 25 23:04:52 CET 2008

Gert van Santen schreef:

> Some people might remember that I have
> always seen the music-bar as sort of a
> replacement for my favourite student
> bar. The difference is, that many
> friends I had there, left because of the
> fact they were starting their own lives
> with their own jobs, girls, wives,
> house, kids, etc.
> Somehow it has proven rather difficult
> to keep in touch with most of them.

Yes, that sounds all too familiar. Speaking of which, we should meet up
again. End of July, beginning of August (more or less) we'll be spending
a few days in The Hague. Maybe Joost still has some of that wine left...

> Now on the music-bar, I don't really see
> people "leave". They do indeed grow up,
> but most of them keep on hanging around,
> telling us all about their music, their
> lives, their kids.

Very true. Perhaps it would be interesting for a sociologist to do some
research into it. ;)

> We're probably going to lurk on their
> "bars"... check out whatever they are up
> to...complaining that we don't
> understand those youngsters... that it
> was all much better in the old days... ;-)

"Yeah, my dad lives in the past. Can you imagine, he still uses *e-mail*?"

"E-mail? What's that?"

"It's something that old people use. Like instant messaging, but it
takes a lot longer."

- Peter