long shot...

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jan 25 15:13:11 CET 2008

Jay Vaughan schreef:
>> Well, good timing me deciding to throw a party then. I wonder if
>> Jammer will be, er, busy by then...!
>

> Chances are good, I would say.
>
> How wonderful that we're all growing up, together, eh?

You know, this is a subject that has
kept me busy for quite some time now.

Some people might remember that I have
always seen the music-bar as sort of a
replacement for my favourite student
bar. The difference is, that many
friends I had there, left because of the
fact they were starting their own lives
with their own jobs, girls, wives,
house, kids, etc.
Somehow it has proven rather difficult
to keep in touch with most of them.

Now on the music-bar, I don't really see
people "leave". They do indeed grow up,
but most of them keep on hanging around,
telling us all about their music, their
lives, their kids.

I like it!

What're we
> gonna do when the next generation gets big enough to use a computer?

We're probably going to lurk on their
"bars"... check out whatever they are up
to...complaining that we don't
understand those youngsters... that it
was all much better in the old days... ;-)

--

:-)

G e r t  v a n  S a n t e n