Miniversion of Virus TI

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jan 15 11:36:34 CET 2008

Hi Gert

Gert van Santen wrote:
>> Talking about old school: After getting Dimension with Sonar 7, I
>> started working on my first ever "soft synth" only track. I have to
>> admit that the bundled synths sound really good, so I started quite
>> enthusiastically. Until the perfomance limitations reminded me why I
>> stuck to hardware in the first place - my 3GHz P4 is clearly not up to
>> the task. Back to hardware, it is...
>
> Why don't you just enjoy the best of
> both worlds?

Well, it's certainly not an either-or decision (despite what I wrote
above). But I just found that I hit the brick wall so quickly that it
makes a lot more sense to take the hardware as the default, and only
revert to software where my synth's don't deliever. I do plan to do more
in-the-box mixing, so I can't afford to spend too many cycles on
soft-synths.

Bye
Martin

--