Production question

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jan 11 15:00:45 CET 2008

Couple things that will really help if you want something to sit back a bit:

1.  roll off a little of the high end of that particular track.  Our
ears go right for the high end when we listen.
2.  notch out (not by much) parts of the frequency spectrum that the
sound uses that are in competition with other sounds you want to here
3.  cut back on FX, particularly things like chorus that adds
complexity to the high frequencies (for same reason above)
4.  use sequencer automation to keep it at a steady volume.  thats
that its there for, afterall.

Ive used these tricks at various times in the past.

good luck.

Tony