Apple Time Machine Not Filling Disk

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Feb 29 18:04:40 CET 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 11:50 AM, Gert van Santen wrote:

> Andy Tarpinian schreef:
>
>> Migration with style.
>> To make setting up a new Mac even simpler, Time Machine shares its
>> data with other Mac utilities. Use Migration Assistant to copy
>> portions of any TimeMachine backup to a new Mac, or select ?Restore
>> System from Time Machine? in the Leopard DVD Utilities menu. Choose
>> any date recorded in Time Machine to set up your new Mac exactly as
>> your previous Mac was on that date.
>
> That sounds already better. But what do
> you do if you are, say, on tour, you
> have no Leopard DVD's in your bag, and
> you have to do a complete restore?

make a copy of your leopard cd and keep it in your bag, or there is
probably some fancy pants way to boot from a leopard image on a
portable drive.

Though if I was on tour, before I left I would prob make an image of
that system on a portable HDD that I could boot from and/or restore
from, separate from any backup strategy I had