Apple Time Machine Not Filling Disk

Michael Z. - Noiseconformist EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Feb 29 15:54:43 CET 2008

On Fri, February 29, 2008 3:41 pm, K9 Kai Niggemann wrote:
> my disk has about 50 gigs of free space, still TimeMachine complains
> and says it's deleting old backups. But it warns me.

doh!
Maybe I'd check die config xml file, unset/set that option or such.
No idea though...  :-(

> I have started to wonder: how do you restore the drive in case of a
> complete failure of the source drive? is there a "restore me" button
> somewhere?

That's supposed to be on the 10.5 install disks.
I never checked but I think somewhere where you'd reset the passwords etc.
I've on my to-do list to test that with an external FW-drive.
But I'm already totally overhelmed by work without doing such fun. ;-)

> Or is TimeMachine only meant to provide with an "undo" function after
> deleting individual files?

no, definitely not! I should be fine for desaster recovery!
Although there are lots of issues which still have to be fixed.

   :-) Michael.

--
http://blauwurf.info