An Unexpected Album

Gorman, Declan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 28 15:33:33 CET 2008

Good stuff Andy.

Regards,

Declan.

-----Original Message-----
From: shelter-bounces at lists.music-bar.org
[mailto:shelter-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of Andrew
Robinson
Sent: 28 February 2008 02:11
To: shelter at lists.music-bar.org
Subject: An Unexpected Album

About a month ago, I agreed with a friend that we'd do the RPM
challenge. Having feverishly worked on songs, dealt with file exchange
problems and software incompatibilities, etc. all month, with just a
day to go, we have so far produced a grand total of 3 and a half
unfinished tracks.

So, being faced with just one evening of free time left, and nagging
mails from RPM HQ in my mailbox, I decided the only way out was to sit
down and damn well DO an whole album in one evening.

5 and a half hours later, I have just burnt to CD the one and only
copy of "Unshelter" by Various Artist. 10 tracks, 42.5 minutes of
scaremongering, pain and eardamage. If you fancy hearing this *cough*
future classic of the illbient/noise/d'n'b genre *ahem*, I've upped it
here:

http://www.lxnen.com/variousartist/Unshelter.zip

*Warning, this album may hurt your ears... a lot!*

Listening back, I'm pleasantly surprised how well it's turned out,
given the fact that I have been known to take longer getting a snare
drum sounding right than I took to make this whole album. It's a lot
easier when you are deliberately trying to make things sound wrong.
The order of tracks probably as good as it could be, as all the horror
film soundtrack reverby stuff I did before dinner is at the start, and
all the drum and bassy post-food tracks are at the end, but maybe that
works (as well as covering up the fact that I recycled some loops).

- Andy_R