RPM rough cut

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Feb 27 02:42:25 CET 2008

Final mp3 and wav files of Diversion by LX Nen are now uploaded - phew!

All sorts of minor tweaks and fixes have been made, there's variation
in the polyrhythm, the pianos no longer pan wildly, the distortion is
backed off in many places (although the waveform still looks like the
'omg this is terrible' picture in a loudness war diatribe). I spent a
while trying Mikael's idea of pitching the long distorted kick, and
he's right, it would be better that way, but the source was an 808
kick that naturally bent down, and I couldn't unbend it well enough
:-/ I did also try adding a fingersnap to the last few bars as a
reference to another 108bpm drum-heavy instrumental that ends with a
piano, but it didn't work. The main thing that was holding me up was
trying to get a smooth fade on the drums, it took me far longer than
it should to spot the gate AU that I was using to tame the reverb on
the drums, which was turning my nice smooth fade into a nasty quick
one. I did have a good go at trimming the length, and I saved 34
seconds... unfortunately it also grew by 42 seconds, but that's the
price you pay for fixing things, and it's only 8 seconds longer in
total :-)

- Andy_R