RPM - Which one?

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Feb 23 00:04:25 CET 2008

I preferred code too... why not submit both? I doubt we are near the
74/80 minute capacity of a CD yet

I'm still working on mine, I've wrestled with a nasty case of loudness
wars (all the faders ended up at 10 when I was trying to mix it, and I
discovered that a several of the drum sounds were only sounding good
when isolated because they were clipping, so whenever I layered them
they clipped too much, and when I backed them off, they stopped
clipping and didn't sound right... bleh!) and I'm currently trying to
tighten up a sprawling 9 minute arrangement that feels too short in
several places, then it's on to smoothing out transitions, and living
with it on my iPod for a bit to catch things that only get irksome on
the 83rd headphone listening and I'm done.

Oh and there's thinking of a name too... and do I emphasise or remove
the similarities to a classic track that has (by coincidence) a
similar start, end and bpm?

- Andy_R