Voynich RPM track: Destroyer Of Worlds

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Feb 18 16:09:05 CET 2008

Hi Tony,

Thanks for replying - I'd hope you'd bite and offer me advice :D

I've listened to EBM since 1985, I've seen Nitzer Ebb*, Front Line
Assembly and Front 242 live several times yet to my eternal shame I have
never made an EBM-like track - until now!

> Its a great track, however I think the bass might be just a bit
> overpowering.  There is a lot of good sounds in there, but all I hear
> (on admittedly not the greatest sound system) is that overpowering
> bass.

He he - too much bass - image that!

Well good comment.  I'm mixing on my work PC, between firmware compiles,
using the on-board soundcard and ER6i earphones.

I mastered very quickly and it shows.  I'll redress this tonight and
tame things down.

> Great track though!   Takes me right back to late 80s waxtrax.

I'm flattered - thanks - as that was my aim.  Hey ho Chris is still in
the 80s :)

Gear list is:

Roland MC505 - bassline, synth line, drums, percussion
Roland VP9000 for vocal mashing up http://www.strellis.com/vp9000.shtml
Guitar sample library
Adobe Audition V3.0
Alesis IO2 audio interface
Robert J Oppenheimer (he came willingly!)

Cheers

Chris

*my best mate's wife was in the same secondary school class with them ;)