The Chase

Romain Gros EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 14 18:45:33 CET 2008

Thank you very much Andy to light me about my questions .
The tuto gave me an idea how this kind of programs work :-)
but still I think you need a lot of  practice in general  to make  ideas
perfect the way you want ...
I mean it s easier to follow a tutorial than making something from nothing
Do you know "Blender" ?
I have a friend who made objects with  this program on Linux ,I think you
can use it on Apple but also on Windows ...
Did someone on Ampfea already use it ? if yes what you guys think about it ?

But thank you again Andy !
:-D

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Andy Tarpinian <evildead at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2008, at 12:00 PM, Romain Gros wrote:
>

> Does it take long to make some pictures like those with Maya ?
> I mean :
> Do I need much experiences to create this kind of objects or should I
> simply jump in the Maya pool and try by myself ?
>

> Well this type of rendering is actually pretty simple, you get cool
> results but not a ton of specific control. It's pretty simple to set up and
> I used pretty simple shapes. High end 3d programs are complex beasts, you
> could spend the rest of your life mastering them, but Maya is pretty good
> from a UI standpoint. I learned mostly on Softimage 3d on SGI's and later
> PC:
>
> http://www.3drender.com/sunday/images2/ConscienceScreen.jpg
>
> Which was a very basic looking text interface but complex beneath it all.
> I honestly think I prefer this interface to something more graphical like
> Maya, but that's after I spent time learning it, so to a new person it
> is daunting.
>
> Heres a little tutorial that shows you how to set up HDRI lighting with
> mental ray
>
> http://tinyurl.com/29dt24
> *
> *