nice Puredata patch ..

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Feb 13 11:41:54 CET 2008

Kai,

K9 Kai Niggemann wrote:
>> How's the book? Is it focusing a lot on the language itself, or rather

> For me the book is excellent. I have taken a class on Java, but that
> was a while ago, and I have been learning the basics of MaxMSP, but I
> lack the real introduction to programming. It starts very very basic,
> just what I needed. But it moves on to much more sophisticated things,
> machine vision, integrating internet data and creating sound with
> processing.

I'll have a look at link - from what you describe, it's probably not
what I need. I rather need something that deals with concepts of
algorithmic art creation, and not so much on how to implement them.

> I can imagine that there would be better books to inspire you though,
> if you know about programming (and have a decent grip on Java or Java-
> based languages)

I'm not a Java expert, but I might want to take ideas from the
processing community and exploit them inside my own real-time
environments or even Maya.

> right now I am still learning and happy when I get the white ball to
> bounce on the grey background with my mouse cursor;) I do have some
> ideas what I'd like to do, but I won't tell just yet...;)

Ok, we're all waiting for the announcement then... ;-)

> what is it that you do with max/MSP?

- The main thing recently has been working with auralisation. We're
using Max/MSP to play back ambisonic recordings and simulations in our
3D sound lab.

- I've also used Max/Jitter as a video feed and manipulator for the
Living Canvas project (http://research.navisto.ch/livingcanvas.html).
The performance-critical stuff there is C++, but it makes a lot of sense
to use Max as the performance tool for the texture side of things.

- I've also used Max/Jitter to drive the projections for the "Dance of
the Spirits" project (http://ilona.navisto.ch/projects.html).

Bye
Martin

--