New Tune: Muteqx - Game Grid

Dave S EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Feb 11 01:46:09 CET 2008

On Sunday 10 February 2008, Joost Schuttelaar wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2008, at 20:25 , Dave S wrote:
> > http://www.muteqx.com/audio/muteqx-game_grid_vbr192.mp3
>
> Very nice production, great sounds, could use a bit more progression! :)

Thanks Joost and everyone else.

I've been working on a harder mix of this today, and am now really happy with
it.  There's not "more progression" as such because I'm going to be applying
the "improve between tunes not in them" philosophy.  But the drums are a fair
bit harder, and I've sorted out some other elements of the mix and levels
too.

So, the new mix is online here:

http://www.muteqx.com/audio/muteqx-game_grid-vbr128.mp3

I'm really happy with this tune as it is now, and I'm going to start writing
the next one tomorrow.  :-)

If anyone wants a 320kbps version or FLAC for DJing or whatever, just let me
know. (The people on the dubstepforum.com are pretty keen on 320s!)

I've also tonight (finally) sorted out a collaborator - a good friend who has
little idea about writing music, but has very good taste in it, plenty of
ideas, and knows what he wants to hear. I'm going to do the majority of the
writing, and he's gonna be the "yeah make it do that nerk-nerk-bweeeoip noise
again" dude!

As if finally having a new collaborator wasn't cool enough, he's also an
amateur film producer and has made awesome music videos and stuff before, so
we're going to be collaborating on the music and then he's going to make
videos for it.

I am fucking stoked!!!  :-D

Cheers for all the comments folks - I think my writers block is finally over!

~Dave