New Tune: Muteqx - Game Grid

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Feb 10 18:12:12 CET 2008

Dave,

Dave S wrote:
> On Thursday 07 February 2008, Martin Naef wrote:
>> Ok, listening to it the second time now. Still not quite sure what to
>> make of it. Yes, there are some nice ideas, but I'm definitely missing
>> some kind of structure - it's not going anywhere. The break around 3
>> minutes is nice, but it just continues where it left. What's the "story"
>> of the track?
>
> It's dubstep.  Music for stoned clubbers to skank out to.  :-)

I think I got that part... ;-)

> You should hear some of the other dubstep around - this has quite a lot more
> going on in it than that.  There is some crap dubstep around, but quite a lot
> of the good stuff really pushes my buttons.  It's certainly not to
> everybody's tastes, which is fair enough, but personally, I can't get enough
> of it at the moment!

I certainly can't claim any knowledge of the style. I'm just surprised
that there is so little sonic change across the whole piece.

> The "story" is that it's usually very bass heavy and it sounds awesome on a
> large PA system.  That's it.  ;-D

As I said already: I quite like the individual elements of the track (I
still do, after listening on the studio monitors), but as a whole it
doesn't progress, so I'd be bored quite quickly. The story of it being
bass heavy and sounding awesome on a PA is convincingly told in ten
seconds, but what about the the other 300? If the style indeed dictates
that all the driving elements must be revealed within the first minute
and then only change the ornamentation for the rest of the track, so be
it - but I kind of doubt that. I know you can do better than that.

Bye
Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch