1TB drive : Inevitable

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Feb 6 15:13:41 CET 2008

I took an old pc and built it into a linux based NAS.  It connects out
to any of my machines on my network that happen to be on at 1:00 in
the morning and backs up the important bits using rsync.  On the
whole, it works really well. on the machine itself, I have automated
an SVN check in after the backup happens (the repo is on a second VM
running on a seperate HD in the same machine) so I can roll back on
some stuff if I need to (this is probably the only element of overkill
in my setup).  Really important data gets encrypted and transmited to
a secure server I have in Canada.   I feel pretty secure.  I dont ever
intend to allow another total data loss to occurr like happened last
time.

Tony