Yamaha Tenori-On

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 5 17:34:49 CET 2008

Gert,

Gert van Santen wrote:
>> True, but I already have a P3... There are a lot of step sequencers that
>> even if they lack the fancy lights, they blow the Tenori-On out of the
>> water... I think I'd be better served with a Monome driven by a Max
>> patch if I was looking for something along the lines of the Tenori-On.
>
> You're an efficient thinker ;-)

Hey, I hold a PhD degree in engineering, so what do you expect? ;-)

> I guess it's the interface that makes
> the Tenori-On so special and perhaps
> more useful for the creation of certain
> types of music than a "traditional"
> sequencer. Personally, I don't know how
> long I could stay interested in this
> machine, though...

I think you've identified exactly the issue here: The interface is
indeed very special and extremely inviting at first, but it lacks the
depth required to stay interested beyond the initial excitement. I
wouldn't mind at all if this was a cheap inspirational toy (I'm not
bashing the Electribes for their limited synthesis features either, for
example), but at the current price I'd expect a bit more finesse.

Bye
Martin

--
http://www.navisto.ch