upgrading iBook

Don't thread on my tentacles, Earthling! EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Feb 2 23:25:43 CET 2008

Le 2 f?vr. 08 ? 15:33, Gert van Santen a ?crit :

> Just upgraded Kristins iBook (1.2 GHz)
> from 256 MB to 1,25 GB RAM.

damn!

> Wow! That is a huge difference -
> suddenly this computer is fast!

you should be spanked and whipped for starving this innocent laptop
for so long!

Mind, for normal operation OS X needs at least 768 MB of RAM, and the
more the better. Check for pageouts in the memory (using menumeters,
activity monitor or the terminal), if there's a lot, you don't have
enough RAM and you're living on VM.

Since my macbook has 4 GB of RAM (3 recognized) there's no more pageouts

Denis H]
Signature is dead, get over it.