M-Audio Studiophile Q40's

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Feb 1 18:53:59 CET 2008

Pretty damn sweet - although it took me a while to realize you have to
screw the headphone cord into the unit, not just plug it in, to make
it sound right - other wise it sounds like shit and I was pissed :)

Possibly a little more bassy than my AKG 240 Studio's - probably
because they are closed vs. the AKG's being semi open - But really
really tight. Very nice rich sound without anything being sloppy -
Sony's always sound sloppy to me especially in the bass dept. These
are crisp and punchy in the bass dept, and everything still sound
sweet and punchy even at low volumes. It's funny their marketing says
something like - it's like wearing a pair on monitors on your ears,
and I kinda feels that way. You don't get a closed in feeling when
listening to the sound, everything sound open like you are listening
to the sound in the room, not on earmuffs attached to your head.

oh but they forgot to include the 1/4 headphone adapter like it says
on the box :) :(