The Man From Earth

Mikael Hansson EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 27 21:11:21 CET 2008

Ron West wrote:
>> I'm reading an interesting book at the moment: 'The God Delusion' by Richard
>> Dawkins.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_Delusion
>>

> he's been on bill maher's show here in the US. a very entertaining fellow. :-)
>
> here is a movie recommendation for you all - Idiocracy. totally brilliant!

His description of religiousity in the US and that atheists are almost
persecuted was a bit of a surprise to me. I didn't think religion had
such an effect on the american society. Sure I know religion is
important to many in the US but I didn't think that a political career
would be nearly impossible if you're a non-believer. What's your view on
this, is he overstating the effects?

I also liked Idiocracy but you have to look past the 'comedy makeup' and
find the irony. Some of the one's I recommended it to just thought it
was silly :)

/Micke