Belated conspiracy

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 20 11:43:01 CET 2008

Peter Korsten wrote:
> You know where the expression "you can't see the forest for the trees"
> comes from?

The real -burning- question you should have asked, without -leaving- any
doubt, is: what are the -roots- of the saying "you can't see the forest
for the trees" (alt: you can't see the wood for the trees) ?

I think it impossible to answer that question, due to the
inconsistencies that often appear with attributing any historical truth.

It's easy to spout off a common saying, expression, theme or meme in an
attempt to justify or shrug off the obvious. Most government
announcements eventually become just a clump of BS expressions, the
result of which is a muddle of nonsense. Bush didn't really master the
art of using common expressions to throw off the scent.  Donald Rumsfeld
will forever be accredited for spouting off his utterly pointless "known
unknowns" 'gook. They don't even care to get these right any more.
That's how confident they are in getting away with every crime under the
sun.
(heh. using constant idioms as tools to explanation is about as clear
and clever as using your own faeces as ice cubes in your spring water.)

But ultimately, the devil is in the details ;)

> I mean, there is just as much proof that the Jews are secretly ruling
> the world.

Yes, yes. Godwin rules all!

There's extreme merit in organised complexity.
For one thing, it becomes too difficult and expensive to question the
truth as posed by authority. Even those who witnessed the truth will
face unbridled, vicious attacks by systems controlled by the very body
they oppose.
There's more than enough proof of that.
So much proof, that the forest was slashed and burned years ago, the
land no longer able to support itself and washed away in mudslides;
millions of civilians swamped in a dirge of filth.
After over exposure, it becomes overly apparent that government
spokespeople or party whips only show up to shove confusing mud in the
face of being found out doing bad things, or to make crass explanation
that is about as convincing as saying that "It was Gods will". F'ck.
Both Bush and Blair at some point even DID use the "God told me to do
it" bullshit!! If the ordinary man used that to excuse his crimes, he'd
be off to the funny farm to be pumped full of brain fudge.

Yet somehow, people still play devils advocate and defend them?
They must have collectively fallen for something. It's happened before.

Most folks have absolutely no idea what is important and will
automatically fall back to safer generalisations to (allegedly) protect
their sanity.

I prefer the madness any day ;)