Dell S2209W

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Dec 15 18:28:56 CET 2008

I think the Samsung T220 is the best thing going right now at that price point.  Of course, I'm not sure what it is selling for on your side of the pond.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001273

I just put in a pair and couldn't happier. It also has a 2ms refresh rate (as opposed to the Dell's 5ms) which makes it great for film and games.  They also make a larger 24" but obviously priced more as well.  I've always found the Dell monitors to be a little lackluster in brightness and color performance myself.

James R. Coplin

-----Original Message-----
From: music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org [mailto:music-bar-bounces at lists.music-bar.org] On Behalf Of Peter Korsten
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 11:17 AM
To: Music-bar
Subject: Dell S2209W

The Dell S2209W is a 22" full HD (1920x1080) monitor, unusually for a
computer display with a 16:9 aspect ratio, rather than 16:10.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-7438

This is being sold for €229 in the Netherlands, which seems an
unbelievably low price. (For €230, the Dell dealer in Malta will sell
you a 17" LCD. Bunch of thieves.)

Does anybody know this monitor, or heard about it? At work, we've got
fairly basic 22" Dell screens, with which I'm very happy. (Excellent
quality at 1680x1050, despite that they're connected via VGA rather than
DVI.)

- Peter