I'm back

Paul Maddox EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Dec 13 21:53:39 CET 2008

Guys,

  Well, I'm back again.. I had a short hiautus due to work load
(again) and having to get my head straight about a few things.

  Anyway, I've not been lazy,
On the Synth side of my life, as some of you are aware, I've been
tinkering with a few spare bits and built a little sequencer called
GorF.

  There's a page here ;-
http://www.vacoloco.net/synths/gorf/ (overview)
http://www.vacoloco.net/synths/gorf/specs.shtml (spec's)
http://www.vacoloco.net/synths/gorf/gallery.shtml (pictures and videos)
(I need to update the gallery page to show the length mode)

  It's not yet complete, the only items remaining are MIDI sync in,
and MIDI root note in, oh and MIDI Sysex update of code.
Defender has taken a bit of a back seat, I got so far with the panel
but was having some issues with it. GorF seemed like a natural break
and it's also handy for testing (it's already found a bug in my MIDI
handler code I didn't know of).

On the 'Rock' side of my life, My band has signed up to the Surface
Unsigned Festival, which is a fairly big UK battle of the bands type
event. Round one for us is on March the 14th (my birthday) at "the
Flapper" in birmingham and we'll be playing with 6 other rock bands,
trying to get in the top four to get into round two.

I may ask for your guys help with this as to get through we need
votes, and people can vote by sending a text message to register a
vote, if you want to help mail me off list and I'll give you the
details.

If you want to come to the gig, then you'll need tickets, alas I have
none to give away but they're only 6 quid and you'll get an evening of
great rock music and 7 bands to listen to, enjoy and vote for. I have
some for sale (we don't get our deposit back unless we sell at least
25 tickets).

In the words of someone famous "enough of my yacking. What do you say?
Let's boogie!"

Paul (wondering who's sad enough to recognise the quote without
googling it!)