303 demo

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Dec 1 22:37:40 CET 2008

> all these things are great but as everyone knows we need a conduit
> to beatmaker!

iphone running: 4Track->render custom kit to web site
iphone running: beatmaker<-import custom kit

do'able!  same with noise.io.  the app *authors* need to make this
connection across the web, and leave apple the hell out of it.

> and/or apple needs to let us sync midi over wifi

this can be done with rendezvous, but i think apple are being a bit
cagey about encouraging it, for the same reason as above: you can just
use wlan and open protocols for midi/sync.  all the OSC apps on iPhone
so far are quite well-connect'able, for example .. so whats needed is
a forum where we can encourage active cooperation between the
individual developers, and i think apple is providing that, but with a
big brother 'tude.  so thats maybe why it'll take a few more revs
before the devs catch on that they don't have to use Apple api's if
they don't wanna .. and then suddenly *all* apps are in sync and the
issue is no longer one to bother with.

note: WLAN required.  how shit that you can't just do a tun0 over
bluetooth in iphoneOS and thus get OSC, beautiful OSC!!

;
--
Jay Vaughan