Apple hit with class-action lawsuit over iPhone 3G flakiness

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Aug 26 21:20:19 CEST 2008

Andy Tarpinian schreef:

> Yea I had at&t way back, and it was so-so. Then I had Cingular and it
> was ok. Then I had the 1st iPhone and it was pretty great. I'm
> guessing something is wonky with at&t's 3G network. Which is maybe a
> bigger reason Apple did not do 3G from the start vs. the old battery
> life story.

My phone lasts the best part of a week with 3G and Bluetooth always on,
so that's not really an excuse.

As for 3G, the stories seem to be coming from all over the world. Except
Sweden. :)

But I'll find out soon enough... the iPhone is going to be launched here
within the foreseeable future and we'll definitely do rigorous testing.
Not me, my colleagues. :/

> I had verizon for a year with my Q, their service is great, but their
> phones blow most of the time because they cant be GSM and they do such
> rigorous testing with them on their network, by the time they are done
> the models are out of date :)

Yeah, it would have been nice if Vodafone could have bought AT&T
Wireless... now they're still stuck with 45% of Verizon Wireless and
their non-standard system.

- Peter