cool .. make your own monome controller ..

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 21 10:09:26 CEST 2008

Peter Korsten wrote:
> Having said that, I think that if you can tell the one end of a
> soldering iron apart from the other, you can put together a MIDIbox project.

Umm, + a lot of learning then.
Like, you know, the difference between an LED, an LCD and a PCB?

I used to think that anyone could build model aeroplanes, one of my past
hobbies from the age of about 12. Not the airfix shit, proper flying
balsa wood chats.

How wrong was I?

Of the two friends I introduced it to, one could not read the plans, nor
tell the difference between a balsa strip and wooden dowelling on the
plans. It didn't help that his parents bought him a very expensive
competition model (rich fools) as his first project. Never completed.
What a waste. The other one fared slightly better, a nice looking
airframe that took weeks, but they failed at the very final stage by
rushing into the tissue and doping, causing that nice airframe to twist
up like a twisty thing. Ended up almost flying once then, with disgust,
a cigarette was touched to a doped wing and the whole thing went up like
an inferno :)

Infuriating times.

Usually I'd agree with you.
But not today.
Generally not everyone can do what you can do.
You are a special human.
Speeciiaal..

(cringe, special has another meaning too, lol)