your daily routine

Andy Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Aug 14 19:44:06 CEST 2008

On Aug 14, 2008, at 12:49 PM, Matt Picone wrote:

> As for the organic label, some serious consideration is warranted
> before jumping to conclusions based on the claims of today's liberal
> application of the term. For starters, much "organic" today is
> corporate schlock:

And and excuse for a high price tag!

Though even the read deal organic stuff at the farmers market most of
the time is way too expensive to buy on a consistent basis. I
understand why but my budget does not :)

> As for "fresh," if you grow it yourself, SUPER! If you choose the
> misted grocery-store goods, recognize there is more to freshness
> than meets the eye.  Research consistently find fresh and frozen
> vegetables to have comparable nutritional value, with frozen
> vegetables often gaining the edge because of how "fresh" food is
> transported long distances.

When my girlfriend and I shop for food it it limited to what is in
season at the farmers market and basically the rest we get at Whole
Foods. Though lately with her moving to chinatown we get lots of nice
veggies (bok choy etc..) in the neighborhood for crazy cheap. I love
Whole Foods more than any other store in the universe, as I was raised
going to health food type stores*, and this is a giant one :) It's
also great how much of their stuff if from local sources.

Please no one reply that upper management kills babies or causes
drought in upper mongolia etc...

*yes a childhood without sugar cereals, fast food, candy and chocolate
(I had carob.)